Incentives for Startup
Start-ups are entitled to work across all sectors (e.g agriculture, health, education, IoT, 3D printing, Big Data etc) and they should be supported by technology
The start-ups fulfilling the above conditions and being incubated in UP based Incubators/ Accelerators / CoEs shall be eligible for following incentives:
- At Idea Stage: Startups shall be provided sustenance allowance of INR 15,000 per month for a period of 1 year at the idea stage
- At Pilot stage: Startups shall be provided marketing / commercialization assistance of upto INR 10 Lakhs to launch their prototype product /services in the market at Pilot stage.
- Patent Filing Cost: The cost of filing and prosecution of patent application will be reimbursed to the incubated startup companies subject to a limit of INR 2 lakh per Indian patent awarded and INR 10 lakh per Foreign awarded patents
Non-Fiscal Incentives for Start-ups and Incubators
Startups and incubators in the State will be permitted to file self-certifications and such units will be exempted from inspection for the first 3 years of operation, in the prescribed formats under the following acts and rules framed (may be amended from time to time) there under barring inspections arising out of specific complaints.
- The Factories Act
- The Maternity Benefit Act
- The Shops & Establishments Act
- The Contract Labour (Regulations & Abolition) Act
- The Payment of Wages Act
- The Minimum Wages Act
- The Employment Exchanges (Compulsory Notification of Vacancies) Act
- Permission shall be available for 3-shift operations with women working in the night for startups, subject to such units taking the prescribed precautions in respect of safety and security of employees in addition to providing the required welfare and health amenities as prescribed under applicable labour laws and obtaining the necessary approvals from the competent authority
- Start-ups shall also be entitled to access common spaces like conference rooms/ meeting rooms / R&D facilities etc of Incubator/ Accelerators / CoE located across different locations in Uttar Pradesh
Uttar Pradesh Start-up Mela and UP Aavishkaar Puraskar
- The Government of Uttar Pradesh shall organize Start-up Mela every quarter, wherein start-ups would be invited to offer innovative solutions for problem statements (challenges faced on a day-to-day basis) by State Government / Departments/ Agencies/ Organizations etc.
- The objective of Start-up Mela is to involve students and entrepreneurs in the development process of state and nation. Further, it aims to kindle and nurture the spirit of entrepreneurship among them.
- The selected start-ups would be awarded UP Aavishkaar Puraskar, along with a funding of upto INR 50 Lakhs to implement their solutions in the concerned department, in a time bound manner
- Performance of selected start-ups shall be assessed by the concerned State Government / Departments/ Agencies/ Organizations on a continuous basis.
- The selected start-ups shall also be eligible to receive free incubation support for a period of 2 years in Incubator/Accelerator/CoE supported by State Government under UP Start-up Policy
Other Promotional support
- Uttar Pradesh Government shall organize and promote start-up challenges, Hackathons, bootcamps, workshops, business plan competitions, conclave, conferences etc to boost the start-up environment.
- Uttar Pradesh shall be promoted as an entrepreneur friendly destination through participation in national and international events, sponsoring the participation of local startups in such events.
- The government shall provide sponsorship assistance, subject to a maximum of INR 50,000 per start-up for organization/participation in such forums
- Further, start-ups shall also be encouraged to access common spaces like conference rooms/ meeting rooms / R&D facilities etc of Incubator/ Accelerators / CoE located across different locations in Uttar Pradesh. For this purpose, start-up smart cards may be issued.
Note: The UP Government shall adopt and notify changes in UP Start-up Policy to be in alignment with Central Government, from time to time